- Starting point
- Best season
1. Route from the Losenheim parking lot to the Edelweisshütte.
The parking lot is 850m above sea level (47°47'33.08"N, 15°49'44.90"E). Free parking for 10-12 cars.
The route to the Edelweisshütte is very short and easy. Aprox. 40-60 min. and 400m altitude difference.
2.The hut (1250 m) is open all year. Very comfortable and you can drink beer and eat cooked food.
3. Route to the Fischerhütte. he hiking trail's name Fadensteig. One of the easiest way to the top.
- Hike to 1500 m alt. It's an easy route through the forest.
- 1500-1750m. The most difficult section. In Winter you need crampons and an ice axe. ...and you need a bit of courage.
Ther are ice and snow-covered rocks and couloirs. It isn't so hard but you need experience with ice axe and crampons. You need your sense of balance.
- 1750 m - 2045 Fischerhütte. Snow and wind. ...sometimes very strong winds and snowstorm. The best way if you use walking poles and crampons. Piles give reliable information about the route. You can find the house is the worst weather.
The hut is closed in this time, but there is an opened winter room with a little electric heater.
You need some 1€ coins if you want to use it (1€/h).
- If the weather is good you can go up the peak (2076m, aprox. 15-20 min.) When I was in the house there were snowstorm and 40 km/h strong winds. I turned back.
- Highest point
- Fischerhütte (2,037 m)
Schneeberg Fischerhütte (2049 m)
Ice Axe, crampons, walking poles, climbing boots, Gaiters, 30-40 l backpack etc.
The parking lot is 850m above sea level (47°47'33.08"N, 15°49'44.90"E)
- Tamás Kürti
Noch schnell für den anstehenden Ausflug versichern? Inkl. Rettungshubschrauber ab 3,98 €Jetzt Informieren