Ruins of castle Medija
Ruins of castle Medija are lying above the stream Medija. Near the end of the 15th century, on the site probably already stood a gothic castle of the noble family Gallow from nearby village Gamberk.
In 1556 the family Valvasor bought the castle and some time there lived the well known historian Janez Vajkard Valvasor. The castle had a lot of different owners.
During the Second world war it was the shelter of German army until in autumn 1944 the castle was destroyed by the Partisan army.
In the year 1993 the baroque chapel together with the tomb of the Valvasor family was restored.
Contact informationFurther information: